Round Tables - VI Users Meeting
VI CLPU USERS MEETING
Towards a Laser-Plasma Spanish Community
(01-02 October 2020)
ROUND TABLE I
Thursday, 1st October 2020
18:10 – 19:30
Moderators: Robert Fedosejevs (Univ. of Alberta)
& Malte Kaluza (Univ. of Jena)
- HRR-capability at VEGA: What is its impact on fundamental and application-driven physics? Which experiments and applications in particular benefit from that?
- How best to exploit the unique experimental possibilities of VEGA for experiments on high-intensity laser-plasmas and nuclear fusion?
- What is the role of targetry and diagnostics development suitable for HRR? What is their impact on the development (and future applications) of secondary sources?
- Science cannot be stopped for any virus, so we have to design remote experiments at the facilities, which way do you think it is the best?
ROUND TABLE II
Friday, 2nd October 2020
12:40 – 14:00
Moderators: Javier Honrubia (Univ. Politécnica de Madrid)
& Javier Solís (Instituto de Óptica-CSIC)
- What are the unique applications for short pulse secondary sources (particle and radiation sources)? Which one can be realized on VEGA? Where are improvements of these parameters necessary/feasible?
- What are the desired secondary sources (and for which applications) and which parameters are more relevant here?
- What do we need to develop and provide laser-driven particle sources for applications? Energy-space particle selectors?
- CLPU/VEGA & satellite laboratories: Which opportunities for research and collaboration do you envision? What would be necessary to increase its visibility and attractiveness for a larger user community (in Spain/Europe/Worldwide)?
- What are the different alternatives for funding and experiment at CLPU?