- Design and construction of the CLPU Headquarters in Campus of Villamayor de la Armuña, Salamanca, SPAIN (More information)
Its main goal is the design and construction of the Centro de Láseres Pulsados Ultracortos Ultraintensos that will host the laser system of petawatt peak power. The building is designed with a Petawatt Laser Room; Laboratories Area for researching (they will located near to Laser Room); Working Area, in the ground floor; Managament and Administration Area, which be provided with, at least, two offcies, director and deputy director with a joint anteroom for secretary, and one Technical and Storage Area. Overall, it counts with a semi-basement floor, a ground floor and a first floor, occupying a total space of around 2.579 m2.
- Laser System C.P.A. Multiterawatt FASE II (200 TW) (More information)
The goal of this supply is the amplification of the current laser system of 20 TW that was installed by Amplitude Technologies in the provisional facilities that CLPU has in the Physic Building of the Universidad de Salamanca. It is an amplification laser system which will be able to reach 200 terawatts of peak power, and it will be based in the CPA technology using amplifiers of Titanium:Shapire with duration pulses no higher than 50 femtoseconds and with a repetition frequency of 10 shots per second. It will also have the posibility of a single shot without modifications in the spacial characteristics of the beam. This system will be used for applications in particles acceleration, filamentation, X-ray generation, plasmas, amongst others.
Nº Project: LPUU08-3E-001
- Laser System C.P.A. Titanium-Sapphire FASE III (1 PW) (More information)
The goal of this supply is the amplification of the Second Phase laser system to achieve a system that will be able to reach a petawatt peak power using the technology Titanium:Saphire with duration pulses no higher than 30 femtoseconds. It will be have the posibility of a single shot without modifications in the spatial characteristics of the beam. Amongst other applications, it will be use to particle acceleration and filamentation, so the system will require a high beam quality, an excellent contrast, durations ultrashort pulse variable and the posibility of multiple emission.
- INNPACTO Projects (More information)
The main goal of this INNPACTO subprogramme is to create projects of cooperation among research centres and private companies for developing R&D projects. These projects promote the innovative activity, mobilise private funding, create employment and improve the spanish technological balance. The CLPU is today involved in three INNPACTO projects:
- Development of a 'low cost' femtosecond laser for the indutry. [More information]
- Researching and development of advanced systems of atmospheric gases separation by ionization and magnetism; and its applications in CO2 capture. [More information]
- Design and development of technological tools for the acceleration of particles by ultrashort and ultraintense lasers. [More information]