The overall objective of this project is the development during the period 2010-2012 of a scientific and technical work aimed at maximizing appropriate proactive Spanish participation in ELI (Extreme Light Infrastructure). This overall objective includes a facet of research in ultraintense lasers and their applications and his scientific applications and encompasses another facet in laser technology and the possibilities of involving businesses, enterprise platforms and technology centers.
This general objective on ELI, has a clear added in achieving these results in the vicinity of HiPER (High Power laser Energy Research).
To develop this overall objective we are working on a number of specific objectives:
1. Creating the scientific community ELI
2. Creation of the technical community / industrial ELI
3. Training of scientists and technologists from Spain
4. Assist the screening of those Spanish communities in the environment ELI
5. Previous testing
6. Dissemination plan in both directions
This is funded by the MINECO within the National Plan for Research, Development and Innovation, through the subprogramme for the Promotion of International Scientific Cooperation